No announcement yet.

Akai Katana Shin Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand it yet! Lovely white tee shirt fits great though ! ;-)

Comment

Balls didnt realise that they where doing a t shirt with it from shopto bought it from the hut which was a mistake and it didnt come yesterday which aint great better come to day though im proper hyped to play this no doubt i wont get it to monday and the wont be able to play it to next weekend

Comment

Anyone know if this will play on a US Xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
          I don't understand it yet! Lovely white tee shirt fits great though ! ;-)
          When you are in the main menu, press B to exit, it will ask you if you want to see a demo video. That should tell you all you need. It also dependant on mode you are in, so Origin and Climax use the same rules, Slash is different and there is a different video for it too!

Played this all of yesterday evening. I was getting nowhere until I realised something, you need to use BOMB to survive. Unlike other Cave's where you get penalised on your score for using them, this one (appears) different. Before long reaching the mid-point of level 4 on one credit.

Comment

Im 99% sure they said it would be region locked as it coming out on 05/15/12 in north america
            Got my post today no sign on akai but a couple of bills horay

Comment

This is awesome.

Confusing and awesome.

At first I thought I was going to hate it. Slash mode is very ugly looking, with the unprecedented amount of high contrast bullets, swords, power-ups and shields making the lovely background visuals, sprites and explosions almost moot. The tutorial also confused me no end and left certain bits unexplained, but ten minutes of actually playing it and all my nitpicking was forgotten. So much fun, and those showers of chunky, glimmering nuggets o' gold are relentlessly satisfying to hoover up.

Played through the Origin (I think?) mode too, and prefer the scoring system and reduced clutter over Slash mode. It's brilliant though, and whereas my past 360 Cave shmups have taken a back seat to something else, I'm glad I've no other game on the go with this one and I'll try my darndest to get half decent at it. It's ace.

Sine Mora has the edge for my shmup o't year so far though.

Comment

A bit peeved that the full release still appears to have a audio-bug, the same as the japanese demo from over a year ago. They obviously didn't bother to fix it (When connected via HDMI the sound drops for a split second, and if you have a AV amp connected it causes a brief pop and re-negotiation of the sound).

Also, I know its not worth discussing, but the story "thing", at then end? WTF! Double suicide. Are the japanese still turned on by this crap. "I cannot continue, so I must kill myself and free the blood" as he plunges a katana into his stomach. "I love you, and can't bear to be without you, so I too will end it" as she takes the sword and kills herself with it too. Please.

Other than that its all good!

Comment

I aren't getting the most out of it at all, I score between 500k and 3.5 million on the first level. I was the same with espgaluda as well. No amount of videos will help me, I need to sit and watch someone, or have them tell me what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
                    I aren't getting the most out of it at all, I score between 500k and 3.5 million on the first level. I was the same with espgaluda as well. No amount of videos will help me, I need to sit and watch someone, or have them tell me what to do.
                    A download of a few replays fromt the leaderboards should sort you out then!

Comment

(When connected via HDMI the sound drops for a split second, and if you have a AV amp connected it causes a brief pop and re-negotiation of the sound)
                      I have that trouble too , other than that this game is a blast too play next to impossible mind you , but bloody good fun and some decent music in a Cave shooter which makes a nice change too

Comment

regarding the amp/sound problems, change the setting in the dash to stereo from 5.1

sounds better and solves the problem

Comment

I really love the scoring system in this, but I don't like the bosses. They're really boring

Comment

Got the UK version of this through today thanks to a Lovefilm rental.

*Rubs hands together* Hello scoreboards, nice to meet you...

Comment

No Dammit! You stay away from the score boards ive just got it where i can on occasion score over 100 million on the first stage and i KNOW i can improve you will now destroy the leaderboard and be top within a couple of hours!!

Comment

Ive cancelled my order with the hut the claimed it was still awating dispatch and estimated time of dispatch was the the 11th of may so i just ordered it from amazon for ?20.77 hope it comes for the weekend i havent really looked forward to any games coming as much as this in ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X