Mamoru-kun coming to PS3 (Shooter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mamoru-kun coming to PS3 (Shooter)

Looks like the 360 shooter Mamorukun wa Nowareteshimatta is coming to PS3 thanks to Cyber Front publishing it.

There were a few more screens doing the rounds but they've been taken down, Cyber Front were meant to announce it on the 4th November but released the info before they should have according to G.Rev's president Hiro Maruyama.

andriasang

The PlayStation 3 version offers full HD wide screen support, two Xbox 360 download characters included from the stat for free, and a new "Meikai Katsugeki Mode." A retail release is set for March.
    Last edited by Phar; 27-02-2011, 19:57.

This'll be interesting - all of those complaining about why Cave/G-Rev/5PB etc are not releasing games for the PS3 get a chance to put their money where their mouth is

Comment

Did Sony ever have a policy where titles like this could not be released at full price? I assumed that was why they came out on the 360 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        This'll be interesting - all of those complaining about why Cave/G-Rev/5PB etc are not releasing games for the PS3 get a chance to put their money where their mouth is
        I doubt it'll make much difference, it's a niche genre on a niche console (360) in Japan so I think they've got their audience already. Didn't G.Rev say they'd never develop for the PS3 anyway, hence the reason Cyber Front are doing the porting work, still hopefully it'll do well enough for them to possibly port some more stuff on behalf of G.Rev.

Comment

It's disappointing to see that they've messed around with the screen ratio but I still want to play it.
          Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          Did Sony ever have a policy where titles like this could not be released at full price? I assumed that was why they came out on the 360 instead.
          That among other reasons has been suggested a few times but according to Cave's Makoto Asada it's nothing to do with Sony...
          Originally posted by Makoto Asada
          Q: A lot of my readers asked why isn?t Cave releasing games on (insert platform here). Instead of listing those out, why did Cave pick Xbox 360 and iPhone OS as their primary platforms?

A: With regards to the Xbox 360, CAVE?s main target is the domestic audience. Here in Japan, the Xbox 360 has the largest concentration of shooter players, and that?s the main reason we keep releasing games for it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
            It's disappointing to see that they've messed around with the screen ratio but I still want to play it.
            The Meikai Katsugeki Mode they mentioned translates to something along the lines of "Clear Action Picture Mode" i.e a better view of the action, which suggests that may be the widescreen mode so the original ratio could still be included.

Comment

I wasn't sure by the way the announcement was worded and doing this must really change the gameplay as the gameplay area was quite narrow originally although there was some horizontal camera movement from what I remember.

Looking at the screens it does look like they've just given a wider and possibly fixed viewing angle which should be fine. It would be nice to have the wallpaper as an option though.

Really looking forward to this and hopefully it'll encourage more conversions.

Comment

Will this be disk or download?

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                  Will this be disk or download?
                  It's a retail release due March 2011, should hopefully be a bit more news about it on the 4th or 5th November.

Comment

quality....will buy for sure.
                    wanted the xbox version but not buying a jp console!!

Comment

Officially confirmed now on CyberFronts site. Official site is up as well.

Comment

A while ago there was talk about PS3 discs being region locked - could this be the first in a new wave of region locked PS3 games?

If it happens, I predicted it first, right here.

Comment

They've announced more details with a release date of the 31st March and it's being released in Standard (RRP ¥6,279) and Limited (RRP ¥8,925) editions.

Both versions include a download code for extra costumes for each character which CyberFront have so far only released this teaser image...

The Limited Edition also includes...
                          • A 150 page art book with a comic, illustrations and comments from the developers.

• Complete soundtrack CD. This includes the Arranged music from the PS3's exclusive Meikai Katsugeki mode. This features arrangements from guest arranges including Super Sweep's Yasui Yosuke. The soundtrack also includes both standard arranged and vocal editions of the popular Yokai Disco track.
                          • "The Perfect Terror" DVD. The DVD includes arcade super play clips and help for beginners. The DVD has been compiled by INH CO. LTD who have created similar DVDs for games including Raiden Fighters Aces.

There isn't anything that I really want in the Limited Edition so it's not worth me paying the extra for it but I really can't wait to give this a go.

Comment

A recent trailer showing the PlayStation 3's exclusive Meikai Katsugeki mode and some of the additional content that's included with this version of Mamoru Kun wa Norowarete Shimatta.

I was more than a little concerned by the change of aspect ratio in the new mode due to how it would change the game but all seems to work as it should.

Amazon have lowered their prices again with the Standard Edition dropping to ¥4,999 and the Limited Edition dropping to ¥7,107 which is nice, still not interested in the limited edition as the standard edition includes all the additional game content.

That's the cheapest I've seen it at the moment but I'm going to wait a little before pre-ordering as it may end up cheaper elsewhere.

Comment

I'm going to order this in a couple of days, has anybody found it cheaper than the ¥4,999 that Amazon are wanting for it at the moment? I really don't mind paying that much for it but the cheaper the better really.

Is anybody else buying this?

It's not important but can somebody please change the thread title to Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta as this thread is a right sod to find with this title? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X