Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohhh ok, I imported my 3DS from america, and I think I set the region to Manitoba in Canada or something. Where should I change it to to avoid tax in the future?

Comment

Loving the new shop stuff looks very good. As well as the new Spot pass download stuff. All very nice plus 3D videos.

Comment

Zelda is up now on the EU store, not cheap, but because it is so good, I reckon its worth it. I guess, obviously unless you have a Gameboy SP with the better screen, there isn't really a better way of playing it officially.

Comment

Is the Pokedex 3D not available for the Japanese e-store yet? I seem to only be able to view pictures and a movie.

Comment

Grabbed the Zelda DX game with the assumption I hadn't played this before but I had once I sprinkled the dust on the beaver thing (oo-er). It's quite tricky to do a proper save on the console with thr 3DS but like all good emulation software you have the option to create a restore point whenever you want within the game and can reload to it whenever you wish.

?5 might seem pricey so I will pick and choose my battles when it comes to buying VC games on here. Are VC games always this costly but we never noticed because of the point system they used before?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
              Is the Pokedex 3D not available for the Japanese e-store yet? I seem to only be able to view pictures and a movie.
              I think it's something like the 17th for Japan. But hey, you've got Xevious, right?

I won't be buying any old GB games on the 3DS. For me, a big part of the nostalgia for those titles comes from getting the old carts and boxes out and playing on the original machines.
              Last edited by Wil; 08-06-2011, 08:24.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                ohhh ok, I imported my 3DS from america, and I think I set the region to Manitoba in Canada or something. Where should I change it to to avoid tax in the future?
                Oregon. Use this:
                1127 Broadway Street NE
                Salem, OR 97302, USA

Comment

was giving this another rattle, despite not using it for over a month - gez, Ridge racer is a bit of a let down in the advanced races from a technical standpoint; masses of slow down, poor frame rate and what looks like 3d blurring around some edges. Still enjoyed it though. Hopefully things will improve as time goes on

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                    I think it's something like the 17th for Japan. But hey, you've got Xevious, right?

I won't be buying any old GB games on the 3DS. For me, a big part of the nostalgia for those titles comes from getting the old carts and boxes out and playing on the original machines.
                    We do, though that ain't free! (Not that I'm against buying stuff!).

I can't see myself buying any GameBoy games though. I have other means of playing those, and it's not as if the original developers get any money if I buy something from Virtual Console. If they do something like 3D enhance the game etc., then I'll be interested.

As a side not, liking the 3D trailers on the e-store, more of them please!

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                      Oregon. Use this:
                      1127 Broadway Street NE
                      Salem, OR 97302, USA
                      Thanks man, I'll give that a shot.

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                      As a side not, liking the 3D trailers on the e-store, more of them please!
                      They're great aren't they. The paper mario one blew me away. I'd just prefer the videos were grouped or something, rather than having 8 different channels cluttering up my home screen

Comment

nintendo is taking the ability to impulse purchase away by asking for larger set amounts, they may think they are being clever and getting two purchases for every one but in the end its more likely to make people not buy at all.

The wasteland that is the Wii shop dosent instill me with confidence at all for the 3ds store. xbox live, apples app store, even psn all seem to know how to do this download stuff well, why dosent nintendo, a few sparse overpriced roms with no new features, and super slow drip fed content, the 3ds should be bursting with content its not as if there are a shortage of devs out there. Couldn't nintendo have approached some of the bigger iPhone devs and traditional devs and got some exclusive content for day one.

What a Shambles of a launch, they really have underestimated what portable gaming downloads should cost, when I can pick up games like tiny wings on ios for 59pence or super brother swords and sorcery for 2 pounds 5.50 for a Rom sounds expensive.

Comment

Any sign of the E3 videos on the UK eShop yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            What a Shambles of a launch, they really have underestimated what portable gaming downloads should cost, when I can pick up games like tiny wings on ios for 59pence or super brother swords and sorcery for 2 pounds 5.50 for a Rom sounds expensive.
                            Nintendo have been quite outspoken about their disapproval of the 59p game trend and their worry about the precident that it sets. They will likely do their best to sway their audience away from that, but they might be fighting that battle alone.

Comment

The more I think about it the more annoying this digital purchasing of old games is. They should have had it were you buy the title and are able to use it across all future nintendo hardware that has the capability to do it. Is that the reason why you won't see SNES titles on 3DS simply because they think we might finally work out what a big rip off it all is having to buy them again for another platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

Sorry but this is a bit wrong.

You cant compare a small indie game to one that was original on a cartridge.

If you buy a "rom" on the iPhone, like say sonic the hedgehog, it will actualy set you back ?2.99. The emulation is poor, it stutters alot and the controls are rubbish.

If you take all that into the consideration then the nintendo prices, while still expensive, are probabaly not half as bad as you think.
                                Last edited by rmoxon; 08-06-2011, 11:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X